Solution fai-setup fails

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Aug 1 20:28:15 CEST 2002

fai-setup resulted in:

	bldsvr:~# fai-setup
	Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
	Make sure, that all install clients can
	log into this account without a password.
	/home/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys created.
	User account fai set up.
	Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
	need more than 150MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
	/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
	dpkg: warning, architecture `i386-none' not in remapping table
	E: Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-i386-none/Packages
	chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory

The fix appears to be to add '--arch i386' to FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS in
/etc/fai/fai.conf on the FAI_SERVER.

Has anyone else run into this, or, anyone know why this change is now
required?  Is it a change in FAI, dpkg, or debootstrap which looks
for 'binary-i386-none' vs 'binary-i386' ?

Hope this helps someone! :)

--

Seeya,
Paul