PCMCIA support in FAI?

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 1 00:35:13 CEST 2002

        I have set up FAI to install a customized version of woody. Now
I want to use the FAI installer to install our distribution onto a
laptop via the laptop's PCMCIA network card.

        From grepping the mailing list archives, I think that pcmcia-cs
is not installed into the nfsroot. However, I am wondering whether
PCMCIA support has been removed from the FAI kernels. If so, I think I
need to recompile the kernels. Is this correct?

        Has anybody had success in using the FAI installer on a laptop?
Are there other things I need to worry about?

        Thanks.
- Paul