Package postinstall scripts

Ronan KERYELL Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
Tue Apr 16 14:40:16 CEST 2002

    Arto> I succeeded in solving the problem partially by creating a
    Arto> script in the fai config tree where the path names recognize the
    Arto> target:

    Arto> mkdir -p -m 755 $target/var/spool/rwho chown rwhod
    Arto> $target/var/spool/rwho ...

    Arto> Changing the ownership of the /var/spool/rwho directory still
    Arto> fails and this is an ugly workaround.

    Arto> What would be the right way the solve the problem so that the
    Arto> package would install nicely both with and without FAI?

Strange...

For me the $ROOTCMD (as described in chapter 9 of the doc) is
automatically used during the installation...

But if you really need chrooting to the target and it is not already done, $ROOTCMD is the command
for you.
--
    Ronan KERYELL              |\/
    Labo Informatique Télécom  |/)  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
    29285 PLOUZANE CEDEX       |\   E-mail: Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
    FRANCE                     | \  http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~keryell