FAI and D-Link DFE-530TX

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Wed Apr 10 17:58:09 CEST 2002

Hello,
We are using FAI to setup the potato machines of the Linux cluster at
our department. We just got a brand new pc with a D-Link DFE-530TX
network card, and I tried to set it up using my usual FAI boot floppy,
but this time the network card is not recognized. When booting, after
searching for SCSI card, it tries the 3c59x.c driver with the message
that "0 3x515 cards found\nIP-Config: No network devices available" -
that's it. No more network drivers are tried, it just gives up. It
should actually detect it as a rtl8139 compatible card, but for some
reasons it does not. Up to now I've had no problems with FAI not
recognizing any ethernet card (mostly ne2k-pci, tulip or 3c* compatible
cards). Are D-Link cards not supported by FAI, or am I doing something
wrong? Has anybody been ably to install using the DFE-530TX card?

Thanks
Reinhold
DI Reinhold Kainhofer, Graz, Austria
email: reinhold at kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Mathematics Department, Technical University of Graz
 * Theoretical Physics Department, University of Graz