3com 3c990 nic

Thu Sep 20 09:35:33 CEST 2001

    > Hello I'm about to install a 20 nodes cluster, I want to use FAI
    > but the NICs we have (3c990) have his own driver supplied by
    > 3com as a module. Is it possible to mount a remote root
    > filesystem with a modular driver?  Or I will have to use another
    > card for installation and then change it?

You have to use another card. The boot kernel must have the network
driver compiled inside. This one of the few things it can't load as a module.
But maybe it's possible to compile this driver and include it in the kernel.

--
 Thomas
            Thomas Lange

1024D/AB9B66FD AEA6 A8C1 BD8E 67C4 8EF6  8BCA DC13 E54E AB9B 66FD