FAI failure...

Jens Ruehmkorf ruehmkorf at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE
Wed Oct 24 22:28:16 CEST 2001

Hi Ian,

> Unfortunately, the default scripts FAI uses seem to require that some
> sort of partition table be readable from the disk by sfdisk, otherwise
> setup_harddisks fails.

that bug has been fixed by the upstream maintainer of setup_harddisks.
For now, simply change line 222 in setup_harddisks where it says

$result = `sh -c "LC_ALL=C sfdisk -l -q"`;

$result = `sh -c "LC_ALL=C sfdisk -g -q"`;

(Thanks to Lech Nieroda for that hint!)

> Anyone have any elegant ways around this? Should this be integrated
> into FAI for everyone? Am I just plain missing something?

see above.

Hope this helps,
Jens

[0] http://cvs.debian.org/fai/scripts/setup_harddisks?rev=1.8

--
ruehmkorf at informatik dot uni hyphen koeln dot de