make-fai-nfsroot stops

Christoph Keller christoph.keller at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 13:43:15 CEST 2001

Ok one thing is that from one hour to the next make-fai-nfsroot stopped
working.
It took me a while to find out why the clients don´t start the
installation.
The system is running on the actual woody and fai worked without
problems the day before.
Then I tested debootstrap and it had problems to make the installation
debootstrap woody /tmp/test/ ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org
normaly should run without problems but it doesn´t.
Version 0.1.15.4 of debootstrap is also not working
(with this error: E: Couldn't download libpcap0g)
So at the moment i´m not able to use fai with debootstrap.
I will try to make a base.gz and then never touch it again.

What I mean with "no kernel" is installed is that the make-fai... script
stops when it has problems with debootstrap and "install_kernel_nfsroot()"
and a lot of other things are not processed.

Christoph