DOS partition

Jean-Philippe Georget jpgeorget at ouvaton.org
Thu Nov 29 23:17:53 CET 2001

Hi,

Antonio Beamud Montero <antonio.beamud at agoratechnologies.com> writes:

> I create two partitions from FAI. One linux and one MS-DOS. How can I
> make bootable the MS-DOS partition also, i.e. install a minimal MS-DOS
> system in it (is for an old accounting application).
> Fai do a mkdosfs, and I copy the command.com, io.sys, msdos.sys and
> change its attributes with mattrib (+r +s +h).
>
> But this doesn't works...

After FAI install, try to boot with a DOS/Windows floppy with "sys".
Make sys c: and then you could boot on your DOS/Windows parition.

For another FAI installation, you have to use "dd" to save the
bootsector on your DOS/Windows partition and then tar your files.
Use something like "dd if=/dev/hdx of=/bs-file bs=512 count=1".

Perhaps, you can use partimage too.
http://www.partimage.org/

--
Jean-Philippe Georget