DHCP and NFSROOT

Bert De Vuyst bert.devuyst at intec.rug.ac.be
Thu Nov 29 18:16:41 CET 2001

Hello,

I 'm trying to set up FAI, but I have a problem with the bootdisks.
Every time I boot with the FAI-DHCP bootdisk, it finds the DHCP-server (and
it gets a IP-number) but it doesn't find my NFS root. The bootdisk wants to
mount it's NFS root on the computer running the DHCP-server, not on the
computer running the NFS server.
I did check the lilo configuration of the bootdisk, it appends the correct
IP-address (the IP-address of the NFS-server).
I did use make-fai-bootdisk to create the bootdisk. The configuration of my
DHCP server is changed a documented in the FAI examples.
Do I have to run my DHCP server and FAI server on the same computer ?

I'm running debian testing, FAI 2.2.3, FAI bootdisks 1.1.3,
my NIC is a 3com 905c

Thanks,

Bert.