FAI 2.2.3 released

Fri Nov 16 18:18:37 CET 2001

The next FAI release is finished. Also the package fai-kernels has a
new release. The install kernels now support the Promise IDE
diskcontroller. But you have to add the kernel boot parameter
"ide0=dc4030". Please note, that the default configuration in FAI is
for potato. For woody, you have to change several files.

In the following weeks I will be busy on three meetings. You can meet
me at the Linux Kongress and Linux Clustering Workshop in Enschede
(http://www.linux-kongress.de/) at the end of November, after that
I'll be in California for a couple of weeks. Meet me at LISA 2001
(http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa2001/) if you have any questions
about FAI or want to have a beer with me.

Please send bug reports for FAI to fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de. All
people are asking me about finished installations or other success
stories on FAI. I'm still collecting links of FAI installations. So,
it's up to you to make FAI popular.

New in FAI 2.2.3

    - woody support improved, but the default configuration is still
      for potato
    - added disk configuration for Beowulf nodes
    - Wake on LAN section added to FAI guide
    - reiserfs support in setup_harddisks (thanks to Diane Trout)
    - make-fai-nfsroot -v output can be redirected to a file
    - sysinfo also uses detect and discover to probe for hardware
    - utilities moved to /usr/share/fai/utils
    - install_packages checks all package names, if a package name is
      misspelt, it will be removed from the installation list
    - added class NOGETTY
    - package_config: new action "hold", PRELOAD can use a file: url

--
 Thomas
            Thomas Lange

1024D/AB9B66FD AEA6 A8C1 BD8E 67C4 8EF6  8BCA DC13 E54E AB9B 66FD