Install-time kernel selection?

Thu Nov 15 22:12:24 CET 2001

    >> Is there a good way to have FAI choose a kernel
    > That is, choose which kernel to install in the system image
    > which is being constructed. (I don't need to vary the kernel
    > used to boot into FAI.)

Surely, you can !

The kernel is installed by the script DEFAULT, which uses the variable
kernelimage. If a file /fai/files/packages/$kernelimage exists, this
package is used, otherwise it's assumed that the variable contains a
kernel version like "2.2.19". You can set this variable in class/*.var
scripts which also uses classes. Look at class/ATOMCLIENT.var or
class/pittermaennche.var

--
 Thomas