apt-class WAS: fai next level

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at linpro.no
Thu Nov 15 11:46:12 CET 2001

Jens Ruehmkorf <ruehmkorf at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE> writes:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Thomas Lange wrote:
>
> > Why not a shell or Perl script ?  AFAIK, Phython is not in the base of
> > Debian. A C++ program will not be architecture independent.
>
> Hm. I don't get what you mean. Which problems do you see in using C?

C and C++ has to be compiled.  This means more work to do a small
change, and it gets worse when you support many architectures.

I really don't see any reason to switch from the combination of POSIX
sh and Perl.  (I have an esthetic issue with Python, I simply find it
unreadable compared to Perl.  But please, direct flames on that topic
to me personally or preferably not at all.)

Kjetil T.