Vfat partition - Alignment problem

Tue Jul 31 13:25:16 CEST 2001

    > Hi, I tried to create some vfat partitions with FAI 2.1, Debian
    > 2.2r3.  It seems that there is à problem of alignment as
    > described in setup_harddisks (option '-d').  So I must use
    > I tried "many" modifications in setup_harddisks but none worked.

This tool is very hard to debug, so I will not look for the
error. There are plans to replace setup_harddisks by a complete new
tool. But it will take some time to have it finished.

    > Have you a simple tip to have "ready to use" vfat partition?
    > PS. I trie FAI to make automatic Debian/Windows 9x
    > reinstallation.  I think it should work. Fai is so powerfull ;-)

If you like to make reinstallations, just create the vfat partition
once by hand, then you can preserve the partition in the
package_config file.

--
 Thomas
            Thomas Lange

1024D/AB9B66FD AEA6 A8C1 BD8E 67C4 8EF6  8BCA DC13 E54E AB9B 66FD