apt-get segfaults!!

Will Lowe harpo at thebackrow.net
Fri Jan 19 18:53:54 CET 2001

> > Maybe we should try
> > echo $packlist | xargs chroot ... apt-get install ???

I've actually been intending to build a patch that would let me do this:

chroot <new root> dpkg --set-selections < <package_list>
chroot <new root> apt-get dselect-upgrade

Where <package_list> is the output of "dpkg --get-selections '*'".

This would solve the command-line issue, and (to me)  this is much cleaner
than building Yet Another Method For Selecting Packages, which is what FAI
is currently using; just let me use the features dpkg already has builtin
to it ...

							Will