Problems creating a woody nfsroot

Eric Mumpower nocturne at permabit.com
Mon Dec 17 18:08:20 CET 2001

> cp: cannot create regular file `usr/lib/perl5/Debian/Fai.pm': No such file
> or directory

I recently upgraded my local debian mirror, and upgraded the version of FAI
and debootstrap on my FAI server, and attempted to make-fai-nfsroot, with
the same error. Inspection of make-fai-nfsroot reveals this line in
copy_fai_files():

    cp -p /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/Fai.pm usr/lib/perl5/Debian/

(I too am installing a woody nfsroot, using debootstrap.)

I find that the Woody (i.e. 'testing') version of perl does include
/usr/lib/perl5 in its search path:

> # perl -e 'print join("\n", @INC), "\n" ;' | grep perl5 | head -1
> /usr/lib/perl5

So, it appears make-fai-nfsroot needs this little patch to ensure the
existence of that directory in the nascent NFSroot:

*** make-fai-nfsroot.old        Mon Dec 17 12:07:45 2001
--- make-fai-nfsroot    Mon Dec 17 11:42:11 2001
*** 110,115 ****
--- 110,116 ----

      cp -p /usr/share/fai/subroutines usr/share/fai
      cp -p $LIBFAI/etc/apt.conf etc/apt
+     mkdir -p usr/lib/perl5/Debian/
      cp -p /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/Fai.pm usr/lib/perl5/Debian/
      echo $NFSROOT_ETC_HOSTS >> etc/hosts
  }