Preserving partitions

Roland Thomas Lichti Roland.Lichti at mediaWays.net
Fri Aug 31 12:03:45 CEST 2001

Hi  Helmut!

Helmut Mucker schrieb am Freitag, den 31. August 2001:

If you have no other systems to install, you may write a shell script.

just do a script like ...

cat > /tmp/fstab <<-EOF
# /etc/fstab
#
/dev/ida/c0d0p5  /              ext2    defaults,errors=remount-ro
0 1
[... cutted out ...]
/dev/ida/c0d0p10 /web           ext2    defaults
0 2

/dev/ida/c0d0p2  none           swap    sw
0 0
none             none           proc    defaults
0 0
EOF

cat > /tmp/disk_var.sh <<-EOF
ROOT_PARTITION=/dev/ida/c0d0p5
BOOT_DEVICE=/dev/ida/c0d0
export ROOT_PARTITION BOOT_DEVICE
EOF

(pastet from my "compaq-special"-script >;-)).

... and call it via the partition-hook (fai-guide is your friend >;-))).

bye,
	Roland

--
Roland.Lichti at mediaWays.net         mediaWays GmbH, 33415 Verl

Go away! Or I will replace you by a very small shell script!