checking hardware type automatically

Roland Thomas Lichti Roland.Lichti at mediaWays.net
Wed Aug 22 00:25:27 CEST 2001

Hi Juri!

Juri Jensen schrieb am Sonntag, den 12. August 2001:
[automated configuration script for "last config tweaks" via "queuing
database"]
> > So when one of our project managers come with nine servers that "have to
> > be installed by tomorrow" - no problem, just a few keystrokes on the
> > configuration server, switching on all the systems and on they go ...
> >
> > (and without any action they got inserted into our IRM-based
> > hardwaretracking system :-)
> >
> > Anyone interested? If so I ask my employer if I'm allowed to do this
> > GPL'ed :-).

> This sounds really interesting... I'd really like that to be GPL'ed...

Our CTO agreed to GPL the add-on. I think, it will take a month or so (I
have to do other jobs, too ;-), but then I'll release a first
development version of this tool.

bye,
	Roland

--
Roland.Lichti at mediaWays.net         mediaWays GmbH, 33415 Verl

Go away! Or I will replace you by a very small shell script!