bootdisk/nfsroot problems (fwd)

Niall Young niall at linuxsolutions.net.au
Tue Sep 19 12:46:34 CEST 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Thomas Gebhardt wrote:

> > nothing - how is rcS_fai called after boot?  This seems to be where
> > I'm stuck.
>
> There should be a link in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/init.d:
> rcS itself is called via etc/inittab:

Of course, wasn't thinking.  I'm new to nfs mounting / so I'm just confusing
myself.  Anyway I tracked down the problem to get_dhcp_info() - you haven't
declared FAI_ACTION, so I added:

FAI_ACTION=install

and all is now fine.  Just have to setup my partition info and get on with it.
I assume this was just overlooked in the dhcp side of things.

--
Niall Young
             Linux Solutions -- www.linuxsolutions.net.au