FAI 1.0

Bruno BEAUFILS Bruno.Beaufils at lifl.fr
Tue Oct 31 17:40:43 CET 2000

Hi all,

I am trying to use FAI, but have only found documentation for FAI-1.0, and am
unable to find the package (.tar.gz or .deb) corresponding to this version. Is
the 1.0 release still available somewhere ?

I have tried to install the 1.3.0test1 release, but it seems postinst and
prerm scripts does not work well, and since I need to install a lot of
stations real soon I would rather use a stable, even old, release.

My server is a woody debian installation (potato installed, and apt-get
upgraded) and I want to install a lot (5*15 students workstations) of potato
stations.

Is there an apt repository somewhere (just the line I should add in
sources.list) corresponding to fai debian package ?

Last question : is there some other projects around debian system with same
goals as FAI (I only noticed NAIS which is not stable yet) ?

Bruno BEAUFILS                                    http://www.lifl.fr/~beaufils
Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille     Tel   : +33 3 20 43 47 27
UFR d'IEEA - Bat M3 - Bureau 318                     Fax   : +33 3 20 43 65 66
59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex - FRANCE               email : beaufils at lifl.fr