First version of NAIS is out.

Thomas Gebhardt gebhardt at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Thu Jun 15 11:42:34 CEST 2000

Hi,

> We are glad to announce that the first version of NAIS is out:
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/nais/
>
> It has the same goal FAI has but with a different approach. FAI was

maybe I missed something, but what does the acronym "NAIS" stand for?

To be honest, I was rather confused about your announcement about
that code fork (especially since - as far as I can see - the authors
of FAI and NAIS are stable mates). Having read the documentation
of NAIS I got the impression that the improvements and new options
implemented by NAIS could be integrated into FAI, at least as
optional features. Do you consider FAI to be fundamentally flawed
such that it is necessary to start a new project? Well, both FAI
and NAIS are GPLed, so there is no problem in exchanging code
and concepts; but I still cannot understand why one cannot join
the effort and make the ultimate installing system jointly.

Cheers, Thomas