[linux-fai] preloading files to /tmp

Thomas Gebhardt gebhardt at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Thu Jun 8 14:14:41 CEST 2000

Hi,

some debian packages (realplayer, fai :-), ....) require that a
certain file is deposited in /tmp before the installation is started.

As far as I can see FAI cannot handle this yet?

If not, I think it would be the best to provide a repository of
these file on the fai server and export it either by NFS or by
http.

As far as I can see the best place to instruct the fai client to copy
these files to /tmp would be the package_config files. One must
extend the syntax of the package_config files, e.g.

PRELOAD http://faiserver.my.domain/binary.file /tmp

Would this be ok?

Kind regards, Thomas