linux-fai-devel Digest, Vol 86, Issue 2

Emmanuel Kasper manu at debian.org
Wed Sep 13 18:35:29 CEST 2017

>     > in
>     > https://github.com/faiproject/fai/blob/master/examples/simple/basefiles/mk-basefile#L98
>     > we delete the /etc/machine-id file for debian based VMs
> It's now fixed.

thanks
I suppose we also need to rebuild the STRETCH64 base in case you haven't
done it yet

>     > the question:
>     > is https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=866331 actually a
>     > bug of fai-diskimage or not ?
>
>     > I am a bit worried if I setup the build of VMs via a makefile, I cannot
>     > catch an error in the build process as the make target doing the build
>     > will always succeed.
>     > What do you think ?
> In FAI we have a fine-grain error code ($task_error) which is in the
> range of 0-900 which tells you if it's more a minor warning or a
> majort failure. There's also $STOP_ON_ERROR which is a boundary when
> to stop the installation.
>
> I have to work on the correct exit code in FAI, maybe just
> check if $task_error > $STOP_ON_ERROR and then exit 1. Let's see.

thanks, setting STOP_ON_ERROR=1 in a class var

indeed produced the expected outcome

VM_IMAGE/30-remove-root-pw FAILED with exit code 1.
VM_IMAGE/40-activate-dhcp-on-first-nic OK.
Error in task configure. Code: 420
Traceback: task_error task_configure task task_install task task_action
task main
$LOGUSER is undefined. Not saving log files to remote.
FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped.