Ubuntu, Vivid: Dracut

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at cs.fau.de
Wed Apr 29 11:10:39 CEST 2015

Hey there,

after having trouble building liveboot for Vivid and FAI dropping
liveboot, I built a ppa for Ubuntu [1]. The packaging code[2] is stolen
from debian, but already has its first patch[3] to get it building at LP.
We are currently trying to getting Ubuntu installed, but getting the
dracut package installed seems a PITA. I already made some
adjustments[2], but I'm neither familiar with dracut nor a packaging expert.
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Morty

[1] https://launchpad.net/~morty/+archive/ubuntu/dracut-release/+packages
[2] https://github.com/cmorty/dracut/tree/package
[3]
https://github.com/cmorty/dracut/commit/1fbad436bd0cd7a07f7bd2b99a225e2971939a7a

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Strübe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at cs.fau.de
WWW   : https://www4.cs.fau.de/~morty