setup-storage and GPT partition tables with EFI boot partition

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 22 18:31:15 CET 2015

Hello!

I am currently trying to install FAI with UEFI for the first time. For
that, I need to create a GPT partition table with a FAT32 EFI
partition at the beginning of the disk. My first attempt for such
a disk config looked like this (inspired from here [1]):

disk_config sda fstabkey:uuid disklabel:gpt

primary -                 512   vfat    rw
primary /               30000   ext4    rw
logical swap             8000   swap    sw
logical /var             6000   ext4    rw
primary /local_scratch  1-      ext4    rw

which results into an error:

Starting setup-storage 1.7
Syntax error: invalid partition type at
/usr/share/fai/setup-storage/Parser.pm line 188, <$config_file> line 1.
Using config file: /tmp/fai-config.uU659C/disk_config/JESSIE_UEFI_SDA
Error in task partition. Code: 710
Traceback: task_error task_partition task task_install task task_action
task main

Can someone enlighten me what a proper disk config would look like?

Thanks!
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz