Disk_config lens for Augeas

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Sep 2 14:53:20 CEST 2011

Hi again,

[...]
> I have noticed that the schema on the wiki is outdated, and sometimes not
> functional even. With the lens in the current state, I've been able to
> successfully parse 477 disk_config files we use in production. I'd be happy
> to get more tricky cases to test if you wish to send some to me.

I think the following three examples should be of such nature:

Config 1:

disk_config disk1 bootable:1 preserve_always:all always_format:5,6,7,8,9,10,11
primary  -         0   -     -
primary  -         0   -     -
logical  /         0   ext3  rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro   createopts="-c -j"
logical  swap      0   swap  sw
logical  /var      0   ext3  rw,relatime                     createopts="-m 5 -j"
logical  /tmp      0   ext3  rw                              createopts="-m 0 -j"
logical  /usr      0   ext3  rw,relatime                     createopts="-j"
logical  /home     0   ext3  rw,relatime,nosuid,nodev        createopts="-m 1 -j"
logical  /wrk      0   ext3  rw,relatime,nosuid,nodev        createopts="-m 1 -j"
logical  /transfer 0   vfat  rw

Config 2:

disk_config /dev/sda
primary  -  250M  -  -
primary  -  20G   -  -
logical  -  8G    -  -
logical  -  4G    -  -
logical  -  5G    -  -

disk_config /dev/sdb sameas:/dev/sda

disk_config raid
raid1  /boot  sda1,sdb1  ext3  defaults
raid1  /      sda2,sdb2  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro
raid1  swap   sda5,sdb5  swap  defaults
raid1  /tmp   sda6,sdb6  ext3  defaults createopts="-m 1"
raid1  /var   sda7,sdb7  ext3  defaults

Config 3:

disk_config /dev/sdb
primary  /      21750  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro
primary  /boot  250    ext3  defaults
logical  -      4000   -     -
logical  -      2000   -     -
logical  -      10-    -     -

disk_config cryptsetup randinit
swap  swap      /dev/sdb5  swap  defaults
tmp   /tmp      /dev/sdb6  ext2  defaults
luks  /local00  /dev/sdb7  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  createopts="-m 0"

Thanks again for your work,