Switching $FAI_CONFIG_SRC

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Mar 14 18:44:25 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

[...]
> Here's my current working copy of get-config-dir-git. My question is
> whether it's OK to just clobber $FAI with rm -rf.

[...]

I wouldn't really feel comfortable with this happening in a softupdate because
it is rm -rf $FAI, i.e., has a variable as target. Why not just bail out with an
error in this case? Now if you really intend to change the URL or scheme you'd
possibly be updating fai.conf manually or via a FAI-scripted operation.
Therefore you could also include the code to do this rm -rf in that round.

Best regards,