Partition table to parted script

Julien BLACHE jblache at debian.org
Sun Mar 6 18:06:26 CET 2011

Hi,

A few months ago I talked about generating a parted script during the
installation, either in setup-storage or using a dedicated tool/script.

The attached Python script does just that, using python-parted. It
outputs a shell script that recreates the partition table using parted.

Unfortunately, with msdos partition tables this doesn't yield the exact
same result due to alignment issues. Basically, I'm only using the
script for GPT partition tables aligned to 1 MiB boundary.

HTH,

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache at debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more