The 3.4.6 wishlist

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Dec 17 15:43:57 CET 2010

Hi Mika,

I just committed the most important patches for setup-storage into trunk and
would hence propose (at least) the following changes to make it into a 3.4.6
release:

- 6230: install_packages: print message to stderr (closes: #605947)
- 6241: BOOT_DEVICE is RAID device and not underlying disks, necessary for 6242
- 6242: makes scripts/GRUB_PC/10-setup work with SW RAID on both lenny and
  squeeze (finally...)
- 6243, 6245: make preserve work with LVM (closes: #606113)
- 6244: force overwrite of PV signature by pvcreate (closes: #606485) (@Mika:
  this one doesn't take into account the pvscan idea, I'd like to postpone this,
  but I'll keep it on my list!)

Thomas might have a few more things to add, but the above should really make it
into squeeze as the preserve+LVM causes data loss, 6241/6242 is essential for SW
RAID (unbootable system), 6244 is just plain annoyance, 6230 is a show-stopper
as well. As I'll be offline until Tuesday or Wednesday at least you might just
want to go ahead, please don't expect many more emails from my side before
Christmas.

Well, then, Happy Christmas to everyone celebrating it!

Best regards,