generate debian changelog from svn log

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Dec 4 11:17:00 CET 2010

> Hi folks,
>
> I created a simple script to generate the Debian changelog from the
> svn log entries.
>
> It prints every first line of each commit message and the files
> changed/added/deleted. These messages will be collected by each
> author.

[...]

I wasn't quite aware of the fact that it didn't read the SVN changes information
natively. Am I right that it is best called as

svn log -v -r"{`date +'%F %T %z' -r debian/changelog`}":HEAD | ./svnlog2dch

Best regards,
Michael

PS.: It would be nice if the script were just committed to SVN trunk, even
though it needn't end up in the FAI binary packages.