Patch for fcopy

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Dec 4 10:57:06 CET 2010

Hi Sabine,

Thank you very much for this contribution and sorry for taking so long to
respond.

> the function set_mode{} of the file fcopy always change the values
> time, uid, guid and modes of the target file equal whether the
> values are different or not.
> And to change this values although this are equal produce a false
> alarm in the IDS.

[...]

I even wonder whether this change could also speed up fcopy even more!?

I took the freedom to modify your patch a bit to make the actual change even
smaller, mainly via an early return instead of setting $change and doing
if($change) afterwards.

The patch is now included in the experimental series, version
4.0~beta2+experimental44. That may or may not be useful for DESY, I don't quite
remember what your policy was.

Best regards,