Please pull r6187 for FAI 3.4.5

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Nov 9 13:54:53 CET 2010

[...]

> > I have no idea. It got merged like that, with this bogus code. The /boot
> > case is handled in the code in the same way it's handled for other
> > things.
> >
> > I have really no idea where this came from, so if anyone knows... I'd be
> > glad to know.
> >

> Omg, this was/is caused by an interaction of patches. I'll give you more details
> after lunch.

I have just committed the following into experimental:

Moved TMPFS-related change into proper patch (was in setup-storage_tmpfs patch,
but got errornously merged into trunk in r5907 at a wrong point, fixed by Julien
in r6187)

When merging the tmpfs patch into trunk (which I did in r5907) I ignored the
warning signs of diff telling me that there was some fuzz in patching. So it
happened that patch found a fuzzy match for a code snippet which was only there
because of the grub-pc patch, which came earlier in the quilt series than the
tmpfs patch.

This was now fixed by moving the snippet that Julien correctly removed from
trunk in r6187 into the grub-pc patch.

Sorry and thank Julien for debugging and fixing this!!

Best,