FAI Stable release 3.4.4

Julien BLACHE jblache at debian.org
Fri Nov 5 19:24:22 CET 2010

Manuel Hachtkemper <hacman at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

Hi,

> + # live-config provides hostname handling through a separate script,
> +    # $HOSTNAME isn't available in environment any longer
> +    if [ -x /lib/live/config.sh ] ; then
> +      LIVE_CONFIGS=hostname /lib/live/config.sh
> +      HOSTNAME=$(hostname)
> +    fi

This is a real pain for me too; in my environment, $HOSTNAME is set in
the environment before FAI runs (in the initrd) and this patch just
breaks everything. I've added a workaround, but I really don't like it.

At a minimum, $HOSTNAME should be checked here (especially with the
hostname $HOSTNAME just before that) and should be left alone if set.

live-initramfs & friends are really a pain to work with, but I think I
made that clear in the past already :)

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache at debian.org>