FAI Stable release candaidate 3.4.3~rc1

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Oct 9 21:54:10 CEST 2010

[...]

> ... I was kind of aware of the fact that linux-swap(v1) was shown by parted, but
> its documentation does not state that it would also be acceptable as input to
> mkpart and frieds. But of course I hadn't thought of the fact that my code would
> try to rebuild a partition as shown by parted print, and hence use the same
> string, including the (v1).
>
> Peter, would you be available for testing a patch, or even one of the
> experimental versions? I'll try to re-review your patch as soon as possible and
> might commit a somewhat different version.  Yet, I don't see this as critical as
> it's just about preserving swap partitions, which does seem to be a very rare
> scenario.

I've added your patch (almost verbatim, just updated for the experimental stuff)
to the experimental branch. It's included in 4.0~beta2+experimental25.

I guess it'll have to sit in experimental for a while as it doesn't seem to be
justified to claim this is RC. Thanks a lot for pointing out the problem -- and
thanks for providing a tested patch!! Even though I had first thought of solving
the issue in a different way, yours seemed to be both more straightforward and
future-proof: It will also cover whatever strange file system times might come
up in future versions of parted, this patch will do it.

Thanks again,