Request-for-Review of Stable Release 3.4.3 (was: Another issue with RAID preserve in 3.4.x)

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Oct 1 18:23:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

* Julien BLACHE <jblache at debian.org> [Thu Sep 30, 2010 at 05:39:49PM +0200]:

> Just a heads up (mainly for Mika wrt 3.4.3) about another issue with
> RAID preserve in 3.4.x on Squeeze.

> The output of mdadm changed again, so parsing that fails early on and
> that breaks setup-storage.

> I'll have a patch tomorrow.

AFAICS this is coverred in svn r6088, right?

Sorry for the delay in answering your mails but I got ill (I'm not
healthy yet but healthy enough for some stable releasemanagement ;)).

Thanks for all your mails and excellent work, looks like 3.4.3 is
very close now. :) To make the review process open to the public I'm
listing the svn revision numbers that I'm considering for
cherry-picking into the 3.4.3 release.

Thomas, Michael and Julien - I'd like to have especially your
[N]ACKs.

Requested by developers and having my ACK:

 6060 setup-storage/Fstab.pm: Don't resolve LVM devices via readlink [...]
 6068 raise importance of libproc-daemon-perl to Recommends (closes: #593089)
 6070 Fix preserve for RAID
 6072 remove netmask from IP address (closes: #597870)
 6074 new domain name for the project
 6075 fix link and date
 6076 new date
 6085 add more detailed list of tasks
 6086 remove unused code (closes: #596055)

My further suggestions for inclusion:

 6054 add Julien
 6067 Fixed a whitespace/table alignment issue
 6073 fix url
 6088 Rework mdadm output parsing code [...]

Please comment ASAP, I'd like to release it until beginning of next
week so Stephan gets a chance for pushing 3.4.3 into Ubuntu as well.

Thanks.

regards,
-mika-