Patch for copying symlinks (fcopy)

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Sep 17 23:04:27 CEST 2010

Hi!!

> Hello everyone,
>
> we have a patch for fcopy, that allows the creation of symlinks in files/ via trigger -H.
> It would be great (if the patch is good enough) to see this change in future releases.

Sorry for following up very late on this one; I guess it's up to Thomas to
decide whether such a patch should make it into future releases. Still I'd like
to add it to the experimental builds at least. There is one thing, however, stopping me
from doing that right now: We'd need an update the the fcopy man page as well.
Could you please provide that together with your original patch? I think it
would also be nice if a small use case (you will likely have one yourself) were
also described in there.

Thanks a lot,