FAI stable release 3.4.x management

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Aug 18 18:39:57 CEST 2010

* Michael Tautschnig <mt at debian.org> [Wed Aug 18, 2010 at 03:49:17PM +0200]:
> [...] (nice and detailed explanation of intended stable workflow)

> > Is this correct? Does it sound reasonable and would be fine for you?
> > Hopefully I didn't mix up anything WRT
> > merging/commiting/rebasing/.... Please correct me if I mixed up
> > something. :)

> Full ACK. Absolutely reasonable and should give us nice and hopefully truly
> stable "stable" releases.

Excellent. :)

Can you please commit your setup-storage_do-partition-table-first to
a branch so I can sync it for 3.4.1 release?

> BTW: We already had a git overlay earlier on, it was maintained by Sebastian
> 'tokkee' Harl (see [1]), but it doesn't seem to see any love anymore. If there
> are more use cases for git we might consider adding a git repository on alioth
> which is automatically synced with our SVN. Personally I enjoy the simplicity of
> SVN as I didn't see the need for all the nice features of git for FAI version
> control until now, but with multiple active branches git clearly has its
> advantages.

> [1] http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Main_Page#getting_FAI

Ah right, good idea. I've added Sebastian to Cc (in case he doesn't
follow the list actively those days).

Sebastian, what do you think of the FAI-git on alioth approach?
Do you have any scripts that could help us in setting that up?

regards,
-mika-