FAI stable release 3.4.x management

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Aug 17 13:00:53 CEST 2010

[...]

> > That proposal for patch-comment formatting clashes a bit with automated builds
> > on alioth: The script on alioth expects the patch author's name in the first
> > line and a detailed explanation to be given only afterwards (both of which go in
> > the changelog); essentially this is standard GNU changelog format (cf. [1]). If
> > you think we should change this, that's fine with me, please just let me know so
> > I can update the build script and fix the existing patches.
>
> Ah, thanks for bringing that up. You are absolutely right and I
> wasn't specific enough. :)
>
> What I meant with "make the first line as meaningful as possible"
> was meant for just the *descriptional* part of the patch, sorry - my
> fault.
>
> The patch layout I'm suggesting should look like that:
>
>   http://git.grml.org/?p=grml-live.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=47b72a3112de901274859c9608beededb37cc9dd
>
> Is this what would work for the automated builds as well without the
> need for any changes inside the script on alioth, right?

Well, not out of the box I think or rather: It will not produce meaningful
changelog entries (but nobody will care about that anyhow, I guess). You can
find the script in experimental/build-on-alioth, see the build_changelog()
function. I'm absolutely fine with adapting that to make it work with git's
format=email, if that is what you would prefer (and well, of course, you can
just adapt it yourself if you want:-).

Best,