FAI roadmap

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Jul 20 23:42:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Dienstag, 20. Juli 2010, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> > I will not work because of fixed pathes in the packages.
> >
> > fai-nfsroot.install: etc/dhcp3/dhclient-fai-script
> > fai-nfsroot.install: etc/dhcp3/dhclient-fai.conf
>
> ISTR there's a compat symlink that's been put in place; you may want to
> check this :)

Either that or tune debian/rules so that it behaves differently when build on
lenny then sid.

IMHO it's - as Julien said - quite risky to not have fai in testing until mid
september, that could very well be after the freeze. And it's quite likely
that new packages will not be allowed into squeeze after the freeze, even if
they were part of lenny.

How about uploading 3.3.6 to sid now, with the dhcp patch and then continue
developing 4.0 outside of sid as you seem to plan anyway? That would allow
fai to stay in squeeze....

cheers,
	Holhger