Huge number of lintian messages

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri May 1 14:15:48 CEST 2009

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > Of course we can safely ignore some of these, but IMHO that's way too many
> > warnings. I think I've never seen a package with that many messages.
> > Furthermore, most of them are easy to fix, also the hyphen-used-as-minus-sign is
> > easy, but just a bit of work because of the sheer number of those warnings. I'd
> > offer to take this one, but all the others might need some more attention as the
> > fixes could involve some need for discussion.
>

> OK,
> What do you propose to do to get start working on this?
>
> * make a little branch named "lintian-fixes"?
> * fila bug report for all single errors (accumulating the hyphen stuff
> into a single one)?

I think I was hoping for Thomas to say "oh, ok, lets fix the obvious (and easy!)
ones right away" and for a decent disussion of the remaining ones. Henning, I
know you're very interested in gaining a somewhat better quality of the
software, but it seems that this interest is not shared by terribly many others
:-(

Best,