development with quilt

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Wed Aug 27 16:52:32 CEST 2008

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 27 August 2008 14:24, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>> this patch would help to use the quilt patch management system for handling
>> additional patches in trunk.
>
> why would anybody use that? fai is a native package...

We discussed that there should be an easier way to build and make
available packages with more patches from developers - while keeping the
strategy that generally apart from special exceptions, only Thomas keeps
committing into the trunk.

Quilt should become the tool to help doing that.

See http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Development_with_quilt

and
http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/DeveloperWorkshopAugust2008#Experimental-Open-SVN

Henning