debugging a fai-mirror problem - was: Re: error in fai-cd 3.2.4 ?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Dec 3 19:25:55 CET 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > dirname: missing operand
>     > Try `dirname --help' for more information.
>     > Writing FAI CD-ROM image to fai-cd-3.2.4_henning_2007-12-03.iso. This
>     > may need some time.
>     > re-directing all messages to /dev/null
>     > ISO image size and filename: 221M       fai-cd-3.2.4_henning_2007-12-03.iso
>     > filet:/hier/produktion/tmp#
> Seems that dirname does not get any para,eters. Maybe your mirror is
> empty. I only changed using $() instead of backticks in fai-cd at this
> location.
>
> Insert set -x for debugging.

So, it turns out it was my fault not looking at an error message from
fai-mirror before (as I said before, I think fai-cd should fail faster
when no Package file is found in the fai-mirror...)

Still, I dont understand why fai-mirror is failing.

I have a quite complex configspace, admitted.

Here's the fai-mirror -v output: http://paste.debian.net/44082

Hmm, no, paste is cutting it at line 945...

there's the section with the error that seems causing the problems:

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
or been moved out of Incoming.

  kde: Depends: kde-core (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: kde-amusements (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be installed
  multipath-tools: Depends: udev (> 0.070) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages
ERROR: 25600 25600
ERROR:  apt-get  -d         -o Aptitude::Log=/dev/null        -o
Aptitude::CmdLine::Ignore-Trust-Violations=yes       -o
APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated=true       -o DPkg::force-conflicts::=yes
      -o
Dir::State::status=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/statefile
     -o APT::Get::Force-Yes=true       -o
Dir::Cache=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/var/cache/apt
 -o Dir::State=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/var/cache/apt
     -o
Dir::Cache::Archives=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/var/cache/apt/archives
      -o
Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/etc/apt/sources.list
      -o
Dir::State::Lists=/hier/produktion/tmp/fai-mirror//aptcache/var/lib/apt/lists/
-y --fix-missing install ogle-gui dvdbackup dvdrtools mkisofs
dvd+rw-tools k3b eclipse debiandoc-sgml qemu kqemu-common
kqemu-modules-2.6-686 kqemu-modules-2.6.18-4-686 kqemu-source psgml
konqueror konq-plugins konqueror-nsplugins unzip zip cabextract unrar
rar unrar-free exuberant-ctags vim vim-gnome vim-scripts librecode0
gftp-gtk ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp ttf-arphic-uming ttf-baekmuk ttf-opensymbol
ttf-sazanami-gothic ttf-sazanami-mincho ttf-xfree86-nonfree
msttcorefonts x-ttcidfont-conf typespeed drbd0.7-module-source
drbd0.7-utils iproute python2.4 python-twisted-core python-pyopenssl
openssl mdadm python-pyparsing python-simplejson grub scmxx tpb psi
qca-tls iptables firmware-ipw3945 ipw3945d ipw3945-modules-2.6.18-4-686
ipw3945-modules-2.6.18-4-xen-686
irssi-text xchat libgcj-common classpath classpath-common classpath-doc
classpath-tools gjdoc jikes-classpath jikes-gij jikes-kaffe kaffe kde
module-init-tools coreutils linux-image-686 hotplug kernel-package
fakeroot initrd-tools cloop-utils module-assistant linux-kbuild-2.6.18
linux-source-2.6.18 lsb-base lvm2 dmsetup multipath-tools ext2resize
hfsplus hfsutils icedove icedove-typeaheadfind mozilla-thunderbird
mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail mozilla-thunderbird-locale-de
mozilla-thunderbird-typeaheadfind postfix mailx mirrordir return code 100

>From these problematic packages, one is actually even in the mirror
created by fai-mirror:

henning at filet:/hier/produktion/tmp$ find fai-mirror -name udev*
fai-mirror/aptcache/var/cache/apt/archives/udev_0.105-4_i386.deb

and the other two could be perfectly downloaded from the mirror
mentioned in the fai sources.list that is used there - they are both
available.

Is it possible that fai-cd doesn#t really want to work well with
multiple sources.list entries?

Henning