storage magic (was Re: Patch for setup_harddisks to use it for Xen-Domains "without disk")

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Nov 29 00:55:40 CET 2007

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 24 November 2007 19:28, Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> > > But luckily, Storage Magic isn't far anymore...
> > I'll have a look at it.
> > The word magic is kind of 'warning'...
>
> I agree. I liked the old name, setup harddisks 2, better.
> It's more descriptive, less cryptic.
>
> But I guess its too late - or isnt it?

No, it's never too late, we're in an open world :-)

You're right, storage magic is not too descriptive, but any name (be it storage
magic or anything else, if you have any suggestions)
- does not matter all that much as this is only an implementation detail of FAI
- should be something other than setup harddisks *, because we're not limited to
  hard disks anymore.

Best,