make-fai-nfsroot should check for live-initramfs at the begining

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Nov 18 14:16:29 CET 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > No reason to complain about missing live-initramfs, I think...
> I guess live-initramfs is not installed into the nfsroot, only onto
> your normal system. Please provide more log information. I cannot
> confirm this error.

http://paste.debian.net/42794

Now that I know very well what to look for, somewhere in the middle of
the very long log output, there is a line saying:

"Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"live-initramfs""

But no marker around it that it's an error, while the final error
message only complains about live-initramfs not being installed -
lacking 1) the info that it must be in the nfsroot instead of the host
2) that there was an error trying to install it into the nfsroot.

I think optimizing this error message will help people a lot who try fai
3.2.X on Etch.

Henning