make-fai-nfsroot should check for live-initramfs at the begining

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sat Nov 17 23:20:30 CET 2007

Henning Sprang wrote:
> As said:
> make-fai-nfsroot should check for live-initramfs at the begining,
> instead of telling me after some minutes of waiting at the very end:
>
> "ERROR - live-initramfs is not installed"
>
> I(and other users) should not have to wait for this message so long...

Hmm, with the newest fai 3.2beta10, this even doesn't change when
live-initramfs is installed - output at the end of "make-fai-nfsroot -v" is:

---
Shadow passwords are now on.
Removing `local diversion of /usr/sbin/update-initramfs to
/usr/sbin/update-initramfs.distrib'
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-5-486
W: mdadm: unchecked configuration file: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
W: mdadm: please read /usr/share/doc/mdadm/README.upgrading-2.5.3.gz .
W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.
W: mdadm: falling back to emergency procedure in initramfs.
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-5-486' ->
`/srv/tftp/fai/vmlinuz-2.6.18-5-486'
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-5-486' ->
`/srv/tftp/fai/initrd.img-2.6.18-5-486'
DHCP environment prepared. If you want to use it, you have to enable the
dhcpd and the tftp-hpa daemon.
BOOTP environment prepared.
ERROR: live-initramfs is not installed.
Aborting
Removing `local diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe to
/sbin/discover-modprobe.distrib'
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
---

But:

---
kiwi:/tmp# wajig install live-initramfs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
live-initramfs is already the newest version.
---

No reason to complain about missing live-initramfs, I think...

Henning