New features, and bugfix for faimond

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 28 11:52:06 CEST 2007

    > faimond, bad clients-patch:
    > * Add a timeout, so that "bad clients" that are locking up the
    >   faimond will be disconnected after a given timeout. I see this
    >   as a bugfix since bad clients may lock up the faimond
    >   indefinitely.
Did you ever had this problem? I'm wondering if this could happen,
since the install clients useses the nc command to send messages to
the faimond. This is tcp and very short, so there should be no
problems IMO.

I would suggest that faimond will not die with a message, but that it
just closes the socket connection. Can you prepare a patch for this?

Also no timestamp should be printed by default. faimond was created as
a very simple daemon, mainly as the socket receiving part for the
faimond-gui which is currently under development.

    > faimond, bad clients+better deamon behaviour-path:
    > * Use Proc::Daemon to fork a real daemon unless given the
    >   argument -d (debug). Added support for logfiles and pidfiles.
    >   This means that the fai-server package will depend on the
    >   debian package libproc-daemon-perl.
I prefer not using another package if we do not striclty need it.

    > fai-mirror, hosts in package_config:
    > * Add support for host-files and not just classes in
    >   package_config-dir.
This patch is now included.