New features, and bugfix for faimond

Jonas Eriksson zqad at hpc2n.umu.se
Fri Aug 24 15:34:51 CEST 2007

Hello

I've been in the process of looking at FAI for my organization
and have found some patching done by my predecessors that I have
now ported to the most-recent version of FAI (3.2), which at the
moment of writing does not differ fron the svn trunk.

Two of these patches makes FAI behave different, and have
different dependecies, why I'm hesitating to submit them to the
debian bug tracker, risking that they will spawn a discussion
better fitted for a normal mailing list.

The patches are as follows:
faimond, bad clients-patch:
* Add a timeout, so that "bad clients" that are locking up the
  faimond will be disconnected after a given timeout. I see this
  as a bugfix since bad clients may lock up the faimond
  indefinitely.

faimond, bad clients+better deamon behaviour-path:
* The same changes as the bad clients patch above

* Use Proc::Daemon to fork a real daemon unless given the
  argument -d (debug). Added support for logfiles and pidfiles.
  This means that the fai-server package will depend on the
  debian package libproc-daemon-perl.

fai-mirror, hosts in package_config:
* Add support for host-files and not just classes in
  package_config-dir.

Now, where would you like the patches?

/Jonas