release timetable

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Fri Aug 3 19:28:42 CEST 2007

Hello,

Am Freitag, den 03.08.2007, 19:02 +0200 schrieb Thomas Lange:

>     > I would like to test the USB function of fai. Do you release a Beta of
>     > the FAI CD?
> I will release a beta of FAI which will contain the new fai-cd
> script. The fai-cd script will have USB support, not the FAI-CD ISO image.
>
>     > also a USB CD-ROM ... for testing and some experience with USB booting.
> I hope this will work out of the box.
This is a important step. :-)

>     > Will you generate the USB Stick like Knoppix or?
> No, not like Knoppix. FAI now uses live-initramfs.
Like debian-live?

As I know the problem with devices that are removeable and often uesed
on other ports began after leaving DOS calls. Thats why syslinux works
better than grub.

After you have load kernel and initrd I have not found a way to detect
from where I have boot (commandline does not work in this case). If your
system ist ready to run, no problem, but on the other side you must
search for your filesystem. :-(

If the script ist ready I will try it. Hopefully it works here after I
installed a fresh fai. :-)

--
bye Andreas