fai 3.2~beta3 testing troubles

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 15:46:11 CEST 2007

Henning Sprang wrote:
> The first error seems to be "mkdir: cannot create directory
> `/var/run/network': Read-only file system"

Nope, the first was already "mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/log/fai': Read-only file system"

I tried further:

- Nothing changes with FAI 3.1.8
- The DomU config is O.K. - starting the same domU and sending it to a
sarge faiserver (also a domU, as the etch server with which it doesn
't work) via dhcp works perfectly.

Totally out of ideas...

I am pretty sure I already tested netinstalls with xen and FAI 3, but
probably I used a self-built xen kernel there - this is the next thing
I'm going to try(I just didn't want to do that because it means building
a full kernel, as I haven't used self-built xen kernels a while)

Another thing that also _doesn't_ help: I tried as well using the
standard initrd that comes with the kernel, as well as creating a
special one with netboot support. Also, the non-special netboot initrd
works with the sarge server and fai 2.10 as written above)...

Henning