fai-kernels for etch

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Wed Nov 8 19:41:20 CET 2006

Hi,

due to time contraints (and then starting too late) I failed with making fai
work (in a releasable fashion) with the standard debian kernels in time for
etch, so fai in etch will need fai-kernels :-(

I already discussed this with Dann Frazier (bcc:ed), who said doing security
support for fai-kernels is no problem. (After all, it's just adding a
changelog entry and rebuilding the package once a new linux-source-$version
is available.)

So I have one question: should I *now* (let someone) upload a new version of
fai-kernels with build-depends on linux-source-2.6.18 and then open a RC bug
to prevent it from migrating to etch?

Or should I wait with an upload until 2.6.18 has entered etch? I fear that the
freeze will happen then... Though as there are no big changes in fai-kernels
planned, I think a review of fai-kernels is painless.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: the day after etch has been released fai-kernels can be removed from
unstable :) We are basically there, but the changes are too drastic and
untested for etch.