debtags for FAI?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Oct 13 15:08:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:45:47 +0200
Von: Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>
An: linux-fai-devel at uni-koeln.de
Betreff: debtags for FAI?

> I would like to add debtags to the next FAI version. Can someone
> propose some tags for the fai packages?

Do I get it right that you want us to propose some tags, which are words that specify FAI, so people searching for these tags in (current or future?) package installers in debian find FAI?

I'll ad some at the end of this mail, but as these tags are meant to be helpfuil mostly for (potential) users, this question should appear on the users list, too.

I'd add the above explanation to such a request on the users list, so it's immediately clear what you mail is about without further searching and reading.
( If you want, I can start this request for you)

And, as an example, it could be explained that this function is similar to the tags in http://del.icio.us/, and labels in gmail and some other similar services like Technorati, but for Debian packages insetad of Emails or boorkmarks.

My proposed tags:
system, installation, automatic, auto-installation, auto-install, auto-installer, custom-install-cd (I don't know of tags can have white spaces, if they can, I'd make that "custom install cd"), netinstall

Henning